Totally Hardy
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Totally Hardy

La premier forum de discussion sur Françoise Hardy

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4

+4
genevieve g
Alison
Prune
sundridge18
8 participants
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 Empty
MessageSujet: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyVen 13 Mai 2011 - 16:14

BBC Radio 4 10:30 Saturday 21 May 2011

Falling for Françoise

John Andrew returns to Paris where he lost his heart to 60s icon Françoise Hardy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/programmes/schedules/fm/2011/05/21

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0118bgw
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
sundridge18
Fan
Fan

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyVen 13 Mai 2011 - 16:54

Hello Warren, Thank you very much. Thanks also for your splendid website. It is nice to hear of other fans on this side of the Channel. Did you ever see FH in concert? I was lucky enough to see her at Southampton on the Universities Tour. And of course welcome to this excellent and friendly website.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyVen 13 Mai 2011 - 18:18

No, I never saw Françoise in concert - unfortunately, at the time, my music scene was limited to the radio and my records.

I was at Leeds University between 1966 and 1969, and would not be surprised to learn that I missed seeing her there.
Prune
Fan
Fan

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyVen 13 Mai 2011 - 20:26

Thank you Warren.
sundridge18
Fan
Fan

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyVen 13 Mai 2011 - 23:28

Don't feel too bad-You didn't miss Francoise in Leeds. The concerts were at Sussex,Cambridge,Liverpool,Durham, Southampton and Birmingham. It was quite a radical departure for Sot'on to have someone like this as Tyrannosaurus Rex, ,Julie Driscoll,the Equals, Moody Blues etc were more typical of the acts performing under the auspices of the Student Union in my time. Not that Francoise performed in the union itself, but in Southampton Guildhall. I still have my ticket which Francoise autographed afterwards.From memory it set me back the princely sum of 15/-. I wonder what the tickets for the Savoy shows cost,more I expect but it would have been worth it to see the glamourous outfits. At Southampton Francoise wore her beautifully simple and elegant white Courreges trousers and top.
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyDim 15 Mai 2011 - 23:15

Thank you so much, Warren!
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyVen 20 Mai 2011 - 10:43

John Andrew who presents the programme has written a blog for the BBC website -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radio4/2011/05/falling_for_francoise.html
Prune
Fan
Fan

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyVen 20 Mai 2011 - 16:46

Merci Warren, super ce blog.
genevieve g
Fan
Fan
genevieve g

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyVen 20 Mai 2011 - 22:18

Merci Warrren pour tout
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptySam 21 Mai 2011 - 12:14

My Internet connection kept going out as I was trying to listen and record. I got about 20 min. of the 30 minute program. It was so wonderful to hear her speak in English. It was mainly information we already know, familiar stories, etc. but it was delightful. Hearing the British fans, such as Warren, also added a nice dimension to the piece. It is too bad that being so admired makes Françoise uncomfortable, but that is just another aspect of her appeal - the fact that she does not see just how spectacular she is. I hope she understands that we cannot help it...
Romain
Administrateur
Administrateur
Romain

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptySam 21 Mai 2011 - 13:24

Falling for Françoise est dispo en podcast.

Finalement assez peu d’intérêt si ce n'est de l'écouter s'exprimer en anglais (elle a plus d'aisance que j'imaginais je dois dire).
Toujours les sempiternelles questions sur "Tous les garçons et les filles" , "Bob Dylan qui ne veut pas remonter sur scène", "le transistor ou la guitare pour le bac" , "sa gène face au statut d'icone"...bla bla bla

Aucune question sur sa carrière anglaise, sur les Savoy, sur la tournée des universités ou sur sa carrière dans les pays du Commonwealth comme on aurait pu espérer d'une interview british Confused
Dick
Fan
Fan
Dick

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptySam 21 Mai 2011 - 18:22

[quote][quote="Romain"]Aucune question sur sa carrière anglaise, sur les Savoy, sur la tournée des universités ou sur sa carrière dans les pays du Commonwealth comme on aurait pu espérer d'une interview british :? [/quote]

Yes, very disappointing, all these cliché questions. His trip to Paris wasn't really necessary. But it was nice to hear Françoise talking english. And she is rather good in it.
Dick
Fan
Fan
Dick

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyDim 22 Mai 2011 - 20:32

Today I've looked at the CD-bestsellerlist of Amazon UK. What one simple radio broadcast at BBC4 can do: two CD's are since two days in the top 100: 50th place The Voque Years, 91th Les chansons d'amour. Amazing. There's still a market for Françoise in the UK.
thierry
Fan
Fan
thierry

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyDim 22 Mai 2011 - 21:39

On ose toujours rêver à une nouvelle rencontre genre BLUR, Perry Blake ou Ben Christophers... Visiblement, elle réserve désormais toujours une petite place anglosaxone dans ses albums. Alors peut-être dans le prochain?

"Und so singen wir die ganze Nacht, unsere Lieblingslieder, Lieder von früher..."
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyDim 22 Mai 2011 - 21:58

This was very good promotion for Françoise, even if the interview did cover information that was familiar to her avid fans. Thanks for that info, Dick.
Romain
Administrateur
Administrateur
Romain

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyLun 23 Mai 2011 - 1:46

Effectivement

Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 Fh
sundridge18
Fan
Fan

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyLun 23 Mai 2011 - 17:34

It was a lovely programme-thank you to every one involved. I do agree that so much more could have been said about Francoise's Anglo Saxon career. However she does not say much about it in her autobiography and of course it was towards the end of her live performances so I suppose she may wish to forget it as she felt so uncomfortable performing in public. So many stars from the 1960s denigrate their early careers but without the 1960s they would not be the stars they have been and still are today.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyMar 27 Sep 2011 - 12:28

Having only just joined the forum, I had not heard about Falling for Francoise. I was upset to have missed it but tried the original link anyway. It is still working.
Loved hearing Francoise speaking in English. Only if she had said "oranges" could it have been better.
sundridge18
Fan
Fan

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyMar 27 Sep 2011 - 13:12

It's amazing that the programme is still available on lign.
michel bh
Fan
Fan
michel bh

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 EmptyMar 27 Sep 2011 - 13:17

Un grand merci à toi, Warren, pour ces liens ! Il semblerait que FH ait laissé, encore aujourd'hui, une belle empreinte de ses passages en Angleterre !

sans faire de bruit..."
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4   Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4 Empty

Falling for Françoise - BBC Radio 4
Page 1 sur 1