Totally Hardy
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Totally Hardy

La premier forum de discussion sur Françoise Hardy

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -23%
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G6 – Alimentation PC 100% ...
Voir le deal
77.91 €

My Mention of Françoise

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

My Mention of Françoise Empty
MessageSujet: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyLun 20 Sep 2010 - 4:28

I am not sure if any of you read Ugly Things magazine (which focuses primarily on garage and psych rock, but also any "wild sounds from past dimensions") but I wanted to alert you all to the fact that I gave Françoise a bit of promotion in the last issue. I am a freelance writer for the magazine, contributing book, CD, and DVD reviews, and when asked by my editor to submit a "playlist" of my current listening and viewing habits, Françoise topped the list. Being the only female writer for the magazine, I wonder how well my selections will go over among the punk-loving readers. I wrote:

"Françoise Hardy - from her earliest Vogue EPs to her current release La pluie sans parapluie. A particular favorite is 1971's seductive La question."
Cool
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
matthew
Fan
Fan

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyLun 20 Sep 2010 - 10:44

Oh! great!!!

Pretty good idea.

I hope that this promotion will work!

Thanks !
Pierre
Fan
Fan
Pierre

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyLun 20 Sep 2010 - 12:07

Alison a écrit:

"Françoise Hardy - from her earliest Vogue EPs to her current release La pluie sans parapluie. A particular favorite is 1971's seductive La question."
Cool

Et quand sort le magazine avec FH ?
http://www.ugly-things.com/main.html
Pierre
Fan
Fan
Pierre

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyLun 20 Sep 2010 - 12:09

Alison a écrit:
magazine)

http://www.all-over-the-world.com/FrancoiseHardy/mg/pc91.html
Un magazine américain datant de 1994.
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyLun 20 Sep 2010 - 17:18

Thank you, Matthew! That was just a small way I could perhaps foster an interest in her work among those who follow my reviews in the magazine. Smile

Pierre, the magazine is out right now. There is no feature article on Françoise, just my little mention of her in the Playlist section. I just thought I would draw some attention to her among the garage and punk fans to get their reaction.

(Ritchie Unterberger, who has written reviews of FH's albums on All Music, is also a contributor to Ugly Things, and he has a Playlist in that section, too.)

There is a little black and white picture of me next to my Playlist, though! lol.

Thank you for posting the link the the American fanzine - very cool. Smile

Le magazine est sorti en ce moment. Il n'ya pas de reportage sur Françoise, juste mon peu mention de son dans la section "Playlist." J'ai juste pensé que je voudrais attirer une certaine attention à elle parmi les fans de "punk" et "garage" et d'obtenir leur réaction.

(Ritchie Unterberger, qui a écrit les commentaires des albums de FH sur All Music, est également un facteur de Ugly Things, et il a une liste de lecture de cet article, aussi.)

(I may post this in a French section, too.)

Thank you both for your responses! Smile
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyMer 22 Sep 2010 - 22:32

But if the name of the magazine is Ugly things.... then Françoise shouldn't be mentioned inside Laughing
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyMer 22 Sep 2010 - 22:49

LOL - This is true! Laughing

( By the way, the name comes from a pun on the name of the band "The Pretty Things," and also a take on this quote: "Art produces ugly things which frequently become more beautiful with time. Fashion, on the other hand, produces beautiful things which always become ugly with time." -
Jean Cocteau)

Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptySam 2 Oct 2010 - 5:12

Just an update: A reader who follows my reviews in Ugly Things recently sent me a Facebook friend request because he too is an (American) fan of Françoise! I guess readers are paying attention!
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyMar 5 Oct 2010 - 15:56

Hi Alison,
I'm French, living in the US, and converted a friend to Françoise's music. She is addicted to her music and voice and I managed to get a personalized autograph from Françoise a couple months ago for my friend, who, upon opening the letter almost fainted.

I found it incredibly thoughtful of Françoise to have taken the time to do that.

So, there ARE Françoise fans in the US! Smile
My friend said she was extremely frustrated to not have been exposed to French music all these years (Etienne Daho being also one of her drugs of choice), because there's really no popular outlet that would venture to play it.
Sad.
But Merci Françoise!
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyMer 6 Oct 2010 - 0:21

zzmanu1 a écrit:
Hi Alison,
I'm French, living in the US, and converted a friend to Françoise's music. She is addicted to her music and voice and I managed to get a personalized autograph from Françoise a couple months ago for my friend, who, upon opening the letter almost fainted.

I found it incredibly thoughtful of Françoise to have taken the time to do that.

So, there ARE Françoise fans in the US! Smile
My friend said she was extremely frustrated to not have been exposed to French music all these years (Etienne Daho being also one of her drugs of choice), because there's really no popular outlet that would venture to play it.
Sad.
But Merci Françoise!

Hi! Thanks for your response. I, too, almost fainted when I saw that she had autographed those pictures and had written a little personal note to me! I understand how your friend feels. I am still in a daze about it - floating on air! Very Happy

I have made some American friends on Facebook who are also fans of Françoise, so there are quite a few of us out there! Smile It is very sad that she isn't as well known in the U.S. as she should be, but there are some savvy music fans who have, and still are, discovering her.

nerkman
Nouveau
Nouveau
nerkman

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyDim 16 Oct 2011 - 17:47

She's well known in Canada, though!
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyLun 17 Oct 2011 - 16:58

nerkman a écrit:
She's well known in Canada, though!

Tu l'as dit bouffi...!!!! Shit
nerkman
Nouveau
Nouveau
nerkman

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise EmptyMar 18 Oct 2011 - 7:56

Confused
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: My Mention of Françoise   My Mention of Françoise Empty

My Mention of Françoise
Page 1 sur 1