Totally Hardy
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Totally Hardy

La premier forum de discussion sur Françoise Hardy

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Google Pixel 7 5G – Smartphone 6,3″ OLED FHD+ 8 Go + 128 Go
316 €
Voir le deal

Greetings from an American Fan

+2
Laurent
Alison
6 participants
AuteurMessage
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

Greetings from an American Fan Empty
MessageSujet: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptyMar 30 Mar 2010 - 4:18

Hello, everyone. I am sorry that I am not fluent in French, but I did take courses in both high school and college! I have set a goal to improve in this area.

As a new member who doesn't know French well, I have a question about Françoise that might be controversial. I have been reading that she made some comments that could have been misinterpreted regarding race or something of that nature. Could anyone clarify that for me? I would really appreciate it.

I know this is a strange first message, but as someone who is just fallen in love with her music, I'd like to know more about her. It's an important issue for me.

Thank you very much for your help in this. I don't know French politics or anything, and I greatly admire her talent and beauty. Sorry if this offends anyone, as I would never want to do that. I just want to know more about Françoise as a new fan.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Laurent
Fan
Fan
Laurent

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptyMar 30 Mar 2010 - 10:03

Hello Alison !
First, congratulations to be interested in Françoise Hardy's songs, that is the most important.

If you want to know if Françoise is interested in cars'races, may be you know that she was playing Lisa
in the John Frankenheimer's movy called "Grand Prix", that was presented in New-York in 1967.

But I think you are more interested by her position regarding the party of extreme right-hand side, which made scandal at that time.

It is not easy to explain that in English for me. But you have to know that Françoise contradicted the xenophobe remarks that one allotted to her.
Her sentence had been taken out of its context, denaturing the meaning she wished to give.

She does not want to hear any more about that. So you can go back to listen to her beautifull songs without any apprenhension.

Here after, you will find a video where she tried to justify herself, I am sure you will understand her, even in french !
http://www.fdesouche.com/articles/2402

"...avec de trèèèèèès mauvais musiciens, les piiiiiiiiiiiiiires..." - Françoise Hardy, à propos de ses premiers enregistrements.
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptyMar 30 Mar 2010 - 12:44

Laurent a écrit:
Hello Alison !
First, congratulations to be interested in Françoise Hardy's songs, that is the most important.

If you want to know if Françoise is interested in cars'races, may be you know that she was playing Lisa
in the John Frankenheimer's movy called "Grand Prix", that was presented in New-York in 1967.

But I think you are more interested by her position regarding the party of extreme right-hand side, which made scandal at that time.

It is not easy to explain that in English for me. But you have to know that Françoise contradicted the xenophobe remarks that one allotted to her.
Her sentence had been taken out of its context, denaturing the meaning she wished to give.

She does not want to hear any more about that. So you can go back to listen to her beautifull songs without any apprenhension.

Here after, you will find a video where she tried to justify herself, I am sure you will understand her, even in french !
http://www.fdesouche.com/articles/2402

Thank you so much for your response! You will never know how happy you have made me! Very Happy I am very sorry that Françoise had to endure such a horrible incident like this. It must be very hard when one is misrepresented in such a fashion!

Since I discovered her music about a month ago, I have tried to buy every CD I can find, and I am also going to attempt to read her autobiography. She has made a huge positive impact in my life and her songs have touched my soul like few ever have. I could understand many of the lyrics through my limited French, and I knew how beautiful they were. Now I am immersing myself in her music. She is simply extraordinary! It is rare for someone so physically beautiful to be so beautiful inside as well - and to have such a talent!

Thank you again for reassuring me. I can't thank you enough!
CLAUDE
Fan
Fan

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptyMar 30 Mar 2010 - 13:47

Alison, Laurent makes every one happy, always !
Laurent
Fan
Fan
Laurent

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptyMar 30 Mar 2010 - 17:11

Too much ! Too much !
But anyway, not unpleasant to hear...

Which CDs did you already get, Alison ?
Are they still available on the US market ?

"...avec de trèèèèèès mauvais musiciens, les piiiiiiiiiiiiiires..." - Françoise Hardy, à propos de ses premiers enregistrements.
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptyMer 31 Mar 2010 - 2:19

Laurent a écrit:
Too much ! Too much !
But anyway, not unpleasant to hear...

Which CDs did you already get, Alison ?
Are they still available on the US market ?

Thank you for being so kind to me - I really appreciate it! Very Happy

A friend introduced me to Françoise through the Messages Personnel 3 CD set. I was immediately awestruck by her voice and the music. I paid attention to the lyrics and looked up some translations. I also went to YouTube and watched many videos there. I was so impressed that she wrote many of these beautiful songs. Her words are so poetic, melancholy, and romantic - I had to have as many CDs as I could get!

I ordered the CDs from Amazon.com in the US:
The Vogue Years
Ma jeunesse fout le camp
Platinum Collection
Comment te dire adieu?
Soleil
La Question (my favorite)
Message Personnel
Star
Et si Je m'en vais avant toi
Parentheses
Tant de Belle Choses
and I have pre-ordered La Pluie Sans Parapluie

I also purchased a promotional copy of the 4 Corners US LP release of Françoise Hardy's Greatest Hits from 1969, I believe. Beautiful copy with great mono sound. (I collect records, too.)

I love them all! I wish I had known about her music earlier so I could have been enjoying it all these years. She is phenomenal!
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptyMer 31 Mar 2010 - 2:22

CLAUDE a écrit:

This is a very nice community! Thank you for making me feel welcome. Smile
Prune
Fan
Fan

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptySam 3 Avr 2010 - 11:01

Bienvenue Alison.
PG7517
Fan
Fan
PG7517

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptySam 3 Avr 2010 - 12:02

Alison a écrit:
CLAUDE a écrit:

This is a very nice community! Thank you for making me feel welcome. Smile

Indeed, you are most welcome... Very Happy

Combien de ruses il fallut pour conserver l'ivresse,
Combien de temps il faudrait pour garder sa jeunesse...
claude vanadium
Fan
Fan
claude vanadium

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptySam 3 Avr 2010 - 12:31

wellcome Alison !
http://www.maisondescarlett.fr
Alison
Fan
Fan
Alison

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan EmptySam 3 Avr 2010 - 17:56

Merci de la bienvenue!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Greetings from an American Fan   Greetings from an American Fan Empty

Greetings from an American Fan
Page 1 sur 1